#6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/140/128 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi Everyone,

While my heartfelt wish is that fibro didn't Exist... since it does and I'm also dealing with it (for most of my life) I am really pleased to see a forum that addresses it AND lowcarb.
I swear I've tried just about everything I can, and then some. Through the incredible support of my parents we went to a clinic in Carrillo Mexico where I began a course of new medication not available elsewhere. Within a month my mother noted quite a difference in me - and spoke highly of these new meds. Me - I've been through quite a few "remissions" of varying length, so I took it more lightly than Mom. She told hte whole world how Wonderful I was doing.. which was actually true, for a while. So far, it seems that it was just one of the better times and now I"ve slipped right back into a bad flare (yippee . At any rate, I Have noticed some improvements when I was low-carbing previously, so I"ve just begun once again ( a week along now) and waiting to see what happens I also walk daily and try to increase the distance often. Again - we'll see : )

I'm sure most of you are aware of it, but amatryptaline is Infamous for weight gain. I quit it for that reason and that it didn't seem to help with my own situation. Basically - I'm trying to eat well (low carbin' , incrasing my exercise (starting Pilates - has anyone else tried this??), and get my life back in gear. HOPING to get a part-time job I"m in th e process of applying for - full time is just Way beyond me yet. I'm also applying for a gov't disability subsidy, but know the likelihood is slim since as we've all heard "Fibro is all your head...

Anyway - that's where I am, and it's a relief to be able to read of other's situations/remedies and have a chance to talk with others as well!

Best wishes for symptom free days to each of you!!
~Tracy