View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 09:43
~version 2.0~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

Like i said... i didn't add the Greenbeans... and i used about 4 large boneless, chicken breasts cut into 2-3 pieces each... just so it was more portion friendly for me... if i have a big piece.. or two... in front of me... i will eat it with extra sauce.. hehehe

Cheesy Chicken Green Bean Casserole

By : Sharon

Here's an idea I got from the Atkin's Friends group, specifically Dottie. I changed the recipe to use the items I had in the frig.

Cheesy Chicken Green Bean Casserole

2 cans french cut greenbeans - well drained
1 can (4 oz) mushrooms (I used fresh)
1/2 of a med. yellow onion sliced very thin and separated into rings
2 stalks celery, sliced small
2 tbsp butter

1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup assorted cheese cut into small dice (cheddar, jack, pepperjack, etc.) (I used a variety of shredded cheeses I had on hand)
1/2 tsp lite salt and 1/4 tsp. regular salt (or 3/4 tsp any)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

boneless chicken breasts (I used 5 small ones)

I use boneless chicken breasts to make a one dish casserole by first browning the chicken in a skillet until almost cooked. I put the chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish, and then added the butter to the skillet and sauteed the onions, celery and mushrooms until soft. Mix (everything together) the mayonnaise and cream, s&p, garlic powder, veggies and cheeses and pour over the chicken breasts. Cover and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Uncover and brown if desired.

Serves 4.

You could make the casserole without the chicken and just have a vegetable casserole if you desired. If you don't include the meat, you probably could cook at little less time. You could also add a few sliced almonds.