View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 05:34
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Hello agan, Agnes. Let's see if I can answer some of your questions. I don't tknow about drinking 6 glasses of water BEFORE a meal, but you should drink at least 8 glasses a day--good for regularity, for flushing waste products of ketosis out of the system, and for making you generally healthier.

The olive oil is a great idea, although you don't have to have it with each meal (breakfast might be tough, unless you're panfrying eggs). It's very good for you, will fill you up, and will keep you regular. Ditto the flax seed, although I'm not sure you need quite that much.

Now as for the food information you posted, I do think the carbs are high for induction--you have 37 net carbs (remember that you can subtract fiber) and on induction it should be about 20. But everything else looks super--you're right on track with the amount of fat, although you could stand to up that a little bit to substitute for some of the carbs.

I know exactly what you mean about the reality check and the meds. If I had the patience to find a good psychiatrist instead of depending on my family GP, I'd be on more, and more effective, meds in place of the iffy Paxil.

Good luck talking to your doctor! Atkins should make a difference anyway, no matter how the meds are affecting you. It might just take time, so be patient. I think a lot of people here expect miracles, and that Atkins will work like magic. But persistence is the order of the day.