View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 19:29
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

In the almost 25 years we have been together, my husband has gone from underweight to average weight for his height. In the same time period, I have gone from high normal weight to obese. In addition to an average weight husband, I also have two thin kids: my 17-year-old son is 6'2" and 150 pounds and my 13-year-old daughter is 5'6" and 120 pounds. They have all been very supportive of my change in the way I am eating and I think they are eating somewhat less junk food than they used to. However, we always have lots of carbs in the house, including bread, ice cream, pasta, etc. and they eat carbs in front of me all the time. I've never felt like I had a right to ask them to stop -- it is their house as well as mine. 99 percent of the time, I honestly am not tempted by their carbs. I think the lack of temptation is a combination of the fact that I find this way of eating very satisfying and I love the way I feel compared to how I felt a year ago -- I don't want to go back to being moody and low energy. The one adjustment I have asked them to make is with regard to restaurants. I will not go to an Italian restaurant that only has pizza and pasta because there is nothing there I can eat. They have been accomodating and we can usually agree on a restaurant where we can all find something we like. I have discovered that California Pizza Kitchen makes very good meal-size salads, so if they really want pizza, we go there.