View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 18:42

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 122/109/110 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 108%

Hi Lilygirl, thanks for the tips on the videotapes. I went to look for Cindy Crawford tapes and they were out! I'd have to check out some other stores. The tapes certainly are a great investment. I've had my tape for years and I still enjoy doing it.
It's called Taebo. Have you tried it? It has an excellent aerobics regimen that works your abs and buns really hard.

Today I think I finally broke the plateau (after about 2-3 weeks of seeing no loss), so I wanted to drop by and say that the plan works! even if you have just a couple of lbs to lose. Give it some more time and patience and you will eventually see results. You just have to wait for the time when your body will finally give in and let go of the stored fat.

Here are some things I've done differently, I don't know which, if at all, triggered weight loss, but hope they'll be some kind of help.

- reduced eating low carb bars and chocolate (I only have them for emergency meals or cravings)
- stopped eating pork rinds (the calories really add up!)
- started taking L-Carnitine (don't know if it really works..but thought it was worth the try)
- limited my protein to 80g. (this depends on your weight. check out http://www.zoneperfect.com/site/content/calculator.asp to calculate your body fat and suggested protein intake)

I've also moved onto OWL, upped my carbs and lowered my fat a little bit. I found this gave me more energy to complete my workouts.

I'm still drinking caffeinated coffee, drinking diet sodas, aspartame containing foods, even occassional crackers and wine (in moderation!). These items don't seem to be creating a huge impact as long as I eat healty most of the time (eggs, veggies, lean protein, healthy fats).

Hope you will break your plateau also. You've done great so far! 6 lbs loss!