Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 12:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 307.3/293.0/185 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 12%

Thanks all for responding!

Alopex,

Well I have heard of pilates but the pilates thus far that I have seen is hard. As in difficult positions with a big ball. I ahve not really seen any good pilates beginning video. Do you know of any?

In regards to biking. I have a lifecycle recument bike. My traditional work out is riding that for 30 minutes while I work out with dumbells my arms doing 5 different exercises in a row 10 times each as many as I can fit in within 30 minutes.

This recently hurt my shoulder, so I think my body is telling me to find a different way of working out. And the weights were not heavy at all I was using 7.5 pounds.

CueBald,

I was walking around with a metal pole. But honestly to tell you the truth I just don't enjoy walking worrying about dogs. I may as well be walking on a treadmill. The reason I enjoy walking is being outside enjoying nature. But, worrying about stray dogs is no fun. As you can guess just about every house out here has a dog and most of them have 2-3 dogs. They are always outside fenced in. but still when they come barking and barreling down to the fence. Your gaurd goes up cause it might be a stray. Houses out here are on 1.25 acres or more with dirt roads. So many many dogs.

When I was in elemntary school I got bitten walking to the pool. The cops gave the people a slap on the wrist. they thought I did seomthing to provoke it. Which wasn't true cause it bit me in the bakc of my leg as I walked by the house. That same dog within a month killed the families infant becuase they shared a cookie with the baby and the dog. Guess what type of dog that was? German Shephard. Don't like them much anymore as everyone I run into is so edgy.

But I do appreciate the suggestion. I didn't think you were miltant at all with what you said, thought it was very practical and useful. people come out to our area and drop the dogs they do not want and leave. Then others do not keep them locked up as they are suppose to.

LadyBelle,

Thanks for the suggestions I will look into the supplement. I had never heard of that. As far as strength training goes. That is one of the things that caused the arthiritis. I was a college athlete in track and field doing shot-put and discuss. I could bench 250 pounds and back squat 380 pounds. Strength training was an essential part of our events.

Resistant training sounds good but don't you need a partner for that? We use to do resistant training with a partner when we warmed up for practice. So how do you do resistant training with out using weights. It was wonderful to do resistant trianing becuase it always allowed us to get further in stretches.

I have Yoga zone series and one tape is for beginners but some of the positions I am unable to get full stretches because the nice round midsection I have

Again many thanks for your suggestions, I will look into them.

Yours in deepest gratitude,

Sacred