View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 09:13

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%
Default Good for you!

Yeah! So glad you're thinking of quitting - I quit just over 10 months ago, long before I started doing Atkins, and I admit it was the most difficult thing I have ever done but I KNEW it was time, and also the best thing I would ever do for myself. I gained quite a bit of weight but was not on any weight control regimen and was overweight to start with. Also was depressed and untreated at the time - major emotional problems to deal with. Probably picked a bad time to quit...but I did it! Knew I could lose weight - I've done it before and can do it again, but I had never quit smoking. I first used the gum and patch together lol they warn you about that - then got Zyban after going crazy but still not succumbing after the first 3 weeks - was on that for the 3 months - and I have not had a smoke since I threw my pack out at 7:20 p.m. on October 7, 2002! Found the gum most helpful after the initial withdrawal, because it satisfied the oral craving that the patch or Zyban didn't do for me - and I eventually switched to regular sugar-free gum. Good luck, you can do it, and even if weight creeps up a little, at least you have Atkins to follow so you'll feel healthier and you will lose it soon enough. A few pounds are less likely to kill you than those smokes...
Way to go and good luck!
AJ