#5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 06:53

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 285/275/135 Female 5'3"
BF:baby's got back
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneCoach
If you have an opportunity to read Anti-Aging or Age Free Zone (same book, one was just published later than the other) by Dr. Sears, you'll learn a lot. It has to do with HGH (Human Growth Hormone), cortisol levels, etc. Too much to post here.

I haven't read this book. I will take it out of the library. Thank you for the recommendation.

Quote:
I can see why you'd be getting mixxed info on that. I could be on the fence with that one too, but without really seeing what YOUR workout is like, I can't say for sure. I would still be inclined to go the 3X/week route though. It is strength training nonetheless.

I agree! I am cutting down to 3x a week and working the machines to get my heart rate up to a more anaerobic state. I posted a long entry about Curves in the Exercise Forum on this board about heart rate and how I feel Curves - or at least my Curves - was giving me conflicting information about how to work their circuit. I will also try and split my routine which may now become hard starting in September since I am working more hours and a split shift. I am now using Curves as strength training and my treadmill 5x p/wk for 1 hour (3.0m/hr) for aerobic activity. * For anyone interested: I'm using Leslie Sansone's "Walk Off The Pounds" DVD and Denise Austin's "Hit The Spot" book - both I really enjoy - on days I can't make either the Gym or Curves... or as a supplement on some days.

Quote:
Yes is can be pricey. There are many good brands out there, and if you're not taking HIGH doses, then what you find in a good health food store should be acceptable. I've done a lot of reasearch on the subject and posted a lot over in the supplements forum.

Thanks for the research and effort you made. It is much easier for me due to your time. I purchased the Coromega which was one of your suggestions on the Vitamin/Supp. Forum.

ZoneCoach - I am not sure if you use protein powders but I have both Whey and Soy. If you have a recipe for a Zone Friendly Protein Shake you wouldn't mind sharing that would be great. Even if you can point me in a direction where I could find some. I found one that Dr. Sears recommends A scoop (depending on grams of protein) of protein powder, 2 cups of fruit, 2tsp olive oil. I try and eat whole foods as much as possible but some days time flys.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

~Danielle