View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 21:33

Plan: Hypoallergenic diet
Stats: 117/112/- Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

LadyBelle makes a good point about the resistance training. If your joints can take it, go for it! It'll increase your metabolism and help you get rid of "flabby stuff."

I don't know if you're into this sort of thing, but SAM-e is a supplement readily available in the States (pulled from the shelves in Canada because it works too well lifting depression and they want to make it a presciption drug) which, among other things, has been found to rebuild joints in those who have osteo-arthritis. It worked wonders for a good friend of mine, so I feel confident making the suggestion. There is a lot of good literature out there about it, but I would recommend taking a look at "Stop Depression Now" by Richard Brown, M.D.; Teodoro Bottiglieri, Ph.D.; and Carol Colman. It has a section in it about osteo-arthritis. A Google search for osteo-arthritis and SAM-e will probably yield tons of info.

Good luck!

P.S. Cue-Bald--how much does a good indoor training stand tend to cost? I've been thinking about getting one for a while, especially as I want to get some good cycling in this winter.