View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 17:57
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

Thanks for all your suggestions. Firstly I’m definitely not stressed or underweight, I take multivitamins and diet is the only major change I’ve had in my life in the last few months.
I’ve done some fairly in depth internet searching over the last couple of days and have found some interesting information that may be relevant to my situation.
Apparently there are 2 amino acids – lysine and arginine, that can have an effect on viral diseases. In nutrition, when the ratio of lysine to arginine favours lysine it’s thought to have a beneficial effect in preventing cold sores. When the opposite is true (ratio of lysine to arginine favours arginine) it’s thought to benefit viral replication.
Foods like nuts, seeds and coconut are quite high in arginine and that’s what I’ve been eating a lot more of lately. I eat porridge that has almond meal, flax meal and sunflower meal in it and I also sprinkle granola on top that’s made of nuts, seeds and coconut!
So looks like I’ll have to adjust my diet and see if that helps (boo hoo, I love my porridge!).