View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 17:02

Plan: My Own Thing
Stats: 299/222.5/160 Female 5'10"
BF:EEK!
Progress: 55%

Hi Sarah,
I can't agree with Frederick more! I have been on my diet since February 2002...and no I haven't lost my weight lightening fast...BUT...once a week I do treat myself to something I have a desire for. (I'm probably going to get swatted for this).

But here's what I do...
#1 I set a day aside each week that I can have my special meal. (For me it is on Friday's. Since I have been married (14 years), Fridays have been the family's night to eat out. I cook every night of the week, so this is my night off.)

#2 During the week, if I have a craving for something...I make a "mental note" of what I want. On Friday night, if I still want it...that's what I have.

You have to be extremely disciplined to do this...cause sometimes a taste can drive you into a "bingefest".

I look at this as a small reward for my week's hard work. Does it slow down weight loss? Yes. But when I started this way of life...I had to modify it so that it would be a lifestyle...not a couple of months of a diet plan. So on Friday, if I have been wanting pasta, ice cream or meatloaf with peas and carrots...I have it.

I hope this helps...

Best wishes!