View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/152/144 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I've been maintaining for two months now.
During this time, my weight has varied above and below goal by a pound, but seems to always retreat back to my goal weight.

I don't count carbs, but except for special dinners out or special occasions, I still never eat white rice, bread, potatoes or things made of flour. And on those occasions, I limit the white stuff to small tastes.

I put no limits at all on the amount of vegetables that I eat as long as they are the typical acceptable low-carb ones such as broccoli, zucchini, salad greens etc.

I snack on macadamias and almonds several times a day.

I have half a piece of German fitness bread with melted cheese for breakfast daily.

I've been eating cherries and blueberries in fair quantity daily too.

At this point, I know what is big carb and what isn't. And I also know pretty much what works for me. So my need for ideas and support is much diminished. I think that this is the reason why the maintenence forum has sparse participation. At least I HOPE that's why, and not because most people fall off the wagon.

I am really surprised to find out that eating this way still feels right, even after the diet is "over" (because as a WOL, it's never over!). I would have thought that I would conveniently forget about the rules, as I always have with other healthy lifestyle changes in the past.

I'd like to hear about the routines that other maintainers have fallen into that work for them.