#4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 12:45

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay3osu
I am going to bug you again. Don't suppose you remeber what your typical daily menu was like while on induction and what it's like now. And if you do remember, would you be so kind as to post it?

Hi Kay,

No, rest assured, you’re not bugging me with your questions.

Matter of fact, you’re the very first person whose ever asked what I eat on a daily basis. LOL First of all, my cooking sucks. There isn’t any other way than for me to put crudely. As they say, my cooking is the sort that only a mother could appreciate; and, even she balked on a few occasions remarking, “that’s ok dear, you’re the reason why restaurants will always prosper.”

With that caveat, I’ll give you an example of my daily menus—which is far from diverse, to say the least.

Induction:

Breakfast – Nothing, since I’ve been skipping breakfast the last 10 years of my life, except on the those rare and special occasions, like on vacation, breakfast meeting, or something along those lines.

Lunch – Entrée I would have chicken wings with blue cheese, and a small salad with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and maybe cucumbers drowned in lots of salad dressing.

Dinner – Usually a steak with a side of either broccoli or spinach with lots of butter.

That was basically my Induction menu with variations on the entrée, of course. Some days I’ll switch and have roasted chicken, salmon filet, baked cod, or roasted pork depending if I were dining out or eating at home. I found that during Induction, eating at home was more practical than dining at restaurants.

Now, my menus are a little more diverse.

Breakfast – Once again, I skip it. Only difference is after my morning runs, I’ll now have a glass of orange juice, a fruit (either apple, banana, or grapes), along with some peanut butter (I take a spoon and eat if straight from the bottle, which is the way I had it when I was a kid)

Lunch – Usually seafood, like some fish, or shrimp, crab or lobster with lots of butter. Along with a salad with cheese, nuts, and lots of dressing. A fruit dish such as ¼ cantaloupe, cup of strawberries, or whatever fresh fruits I’m in the mood for.

Dinner – Usually a meat dish, such as steak, roasted chicken, lamb chops, veal, pork saltimbucca, or something heavier than my seafood lunch. A side of veggies, usually broccoli or spinach drowned in some kind of high fat sauce or butter. Dessert I’ll have fresh fruits again and some nuts, either peanuts, almonds, or macadamias. On some occasions, I’ll have real ice cream, chocolates, or cakes.

I usually have a combination of the above depending on my whims of the moment. Once a week, I will have an entrée of pasta, or a serving of bread, or whatever food I’d find pleasurable at the moment. It seems to me now that with a maintenance ccl of about 100 carbs, it’s impossible to fill that up with just eating fruits and veggies without adding some high carb items, like pasta, breads, or ice cream. I can only eat so many veggies. If anything, I’ve been having more problem keeping weight on, than off; so, I surmise once people reach Maintenance phase, they’ll find they can eat much more liberally and not gaining any weight what so ever.

Regards,

Frederick

PS: Kay, I hope my menu wasn’t too dreary for you to read. Now, you can see vividly why I don't keep a journal. As Pepsimax observed, after writing day one, it'd be the same the next day, and the following day, and etc.... LOL