View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 10:03

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Sarah,

Having been low-carbing since Feb, I can both appreciate and empathize your point of view here. Anything adhered to long enough where the novelty wears off will result in some semblance of boredom. For instance, even before low-carbing, there were countless evenings when I had no idea what to have for dinner, eventhough I had the option to choose from anything and everything under the Sun.

One significant difference between us is that I love meats to the point where I never tire of eating it even after every single day. Fish, seafood, and other assorted things, I can grow bored with; but, not beef, pork, chicken and assorted cheeses.

However, I appreciate that isn't the case for you, which, as you very saliently observed, will lead to boredom.

In my view, instead of making a drastic 180 degree change reverting back to low fat/high carb eating (though I can see where right now you're just bristling with excitement over eating all the things you've missed), why not just have some if these things you've missed in moderation? In my view, you can easily still adhere to low carbing without the draconian rules of either Atkins Induction or OWL. There is CAD, the Zone, and lots of other programs out there which will offer a wider breadth of options for you.

In the end, I believe in tinkering an eating regimen which is specifically suited for the respective individual. I have no problems with having occasional ice cream, chocolate cake, or eating bananas--which I do so with fervor. I'm the sort who feels it is impractical to abstain from the foods I like for a lifetime, and beyond that, it isn't something I'd ever willingly give up, even if I could.

Best of luck to you, irrespective of your choices. In my view, just try moderation with the foods you've missed incorporated into your present LC regimen. I think you'll notice your boredom is gone, and you'll still lose weight along with the LC benefits.

With kindest regards,

Frederick