View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 08:24

Plan: Not sure yet
Stats: 180/180/125 Female 5 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress:
Question Will this work?

I tried the Atkins diet once before and only lasted a week. I did see some weight loss but I just couldn't stand any more salads or eggs. I also found that living low carb was more expensive for me. I didn't have much support from my husband and it was really hard not having pastas and breads.
I'll be turning 25 next Sunday and I just really want to lose some weight.
I was wondering if I just start out by not eating breads, pastas, starches, etc if that would work for a while. Then when I get used to that I can maybe start counting carbs and following a plan. I'm a huge Coke drinker and I love to have my coffee in the morning while I work (I work at home and usually am up at 4 am to work while all the kids are sleeping. I also only drink coffee with Coffeemate's Choc Creamer) so I have to get used to not drinking that too. I also have a habit of fixing whatever is the fastest to fix. By the time dinner is here I'm usually throwing some hot dogs on the grill, making mac and cheese, and fixing a veggie in the microwave....so I need to get used to actually cooking things
Will this work? Or will it totally mess me up? There are a lot of things I need to get used to before I feel that I can start a LC plan:
1. Actually cooking.
2. No caffiene.
3. Shopping and budgeting.
4. Drinking more water.
5. Having no pastas or breads (which is really huge around here. We have sandwiches at least once a day and pasta at least 3 times weekly).

I would appreciate any and all opinions on this! Thanks!!!! Tina

PS- I'm going to the intro forum now to give my bio
Sponsored Links