View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 07:46

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%
Question PLease help...questions about atkins and excercise

GAtsbyjas, that was a great post. Perhaps you can help me with my questions about atkins and excercise. I have been weight training for over 5 years, and I love to workout intensely in the gym (cardio and weights) and occasionally runnning outside. But I've started atkins induction phase which is virtually no carbs. I've already lost a few pounds. I'm afraid I won't be able to work out as intensely as I was becasue I'll fatigue without the carbs. HAVE u found this? Will i feel fatigued for the first little while until my body adjusts to using the fat as fuel?? Can you work out intensely without feeling really tired on atkins? I plan to stay on induction for at least 4 weeks. But I don't want to jeopordize my workouts. I fear that if I feel really tired in the gym I'll lose motivation and not workout at all.

How many carbs do u ingest? and how many tiems do u weight train , and do cardio per week? Right now I am doing high intensity, little rest between sets and excercises and high reps low weights program. I take a day off between weight training workout days and do cardio 5x per week. I don't think I'll be able to do soo much being on atkins. FEEDBACK please

Piera