View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 01:14
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 153/146/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

SARAH! You're so generous, I appreciate the recipe a great deal! What the heck have I done for you to deserve this?? Do you whir the flax in a grinder or blender first?

Day....whatever:

Okey dokey, grocery shopping is done. I can't think about food one minute more.

There are parts of the journal (and book) I've been skipping - the whole 'improve your life' theme he's got goin'. I want to lose fat, don't really need a guru (okay, so I'm a tiny bit cynical). Today as I enjoyed a rare quiet moment I read and re-read the chapter and gave his questions serious thought.

What are my reasons for wanting to change? I was surprised not to instantly think of fat loss. How weird is that? Of all the reasons I listed, my appearance wasn't one of them. 'I know I can be better', is was what my pencil etched on the paper first, followed by, 'I need to commit to something and finish it'.

What are the five most important, specific accomplishments I need to make within the next 12 weeks to be pleased with the progress of my body and life? Once again, looking fabuloso didn't appear at the top of the list. What the heck...? Here's the list:
  1. Consistency
  2. Focus
  3. Forward movement
  4. I'd like for my face to be less full
  5. I want a better side profile
Whatever. I've done the photo, done the big thinking and am just waiting for Monday. That I thought those particular things is telling though. Am I not vain enough (as usual)? Did I not get the point of the questions? Well, I'm not changing them, they're obviously what was on my mind.