View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 22:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I'm so sorry to hear of the verbal abuse from the crappy people there!
Remember, there is a *special* place in hell for each one of them.

My mother in law and I were on Atkins (still are) when she had scheduled surgery at Mayo's hospital of Phoenix. Her first *liquid* meal was AWFUL. There was NOTHING she could drink or slurp. We counted up the carbs for this liquid lunch and it came to well over 200 grams of carbs. Fortunately, I had packed nuts for her and some hard boiled eggs and even fancied some *deviled* eggs in the hotel room (pre-packaged mayo and mustard from the breakfast and room had a mini-frig). I brought her fruity drinks for interest and she made sure she got the HELL out of there within 48 hours. The RN REFUSED to bring her anything other than what the nutritionist had on the menu because (get this) 'The Nutritionist will be VERY upset and angry to know you are on Atkins.' To which my mother in law replied, 'I don't give a fat fanny what the nutrionistalist thinks.' However, the RN refused to accomodate her. She was simply asking for salad and some meat and said, 'if you can't give me solid food, please ask them to puree some vegetables for me.' Refusal again. So much for a great medical organization huh?
We were fortunate because the LVN (LPN?) was on Atkins and would go down to the kitchen and steal food for her (bacon and cooked eggs, real roast, etc).