View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 18:42

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Anybody doing Atkins without counting carbs in veggies?

Hi there,
I've been LCing off and on since Jan 2002 and started with Atkins but have not been back on it since. The last 4 weeks I've been doing South Beach Diet (which I consider low-carb even if the author of the book does not . What I like about it is that you don't count anything - carbs, calories, etc. What I don't like about it is that it is a low-fat diet - mainly for the saturated and trans fats being unhealthy, etc. I can go with the lean meats and no butter (actually like it better) but the low fat dairy is not something I enjoy. I eat quite a bit of dairy (though not excessively - probably something like 3-4 oz of cheese a day, 1 oz of sour cream a couple of times a week, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese a couple of times a week, and a low-fat plain yogurt a couple of times a week - ok, I guess that's quite a bit ) and I'm having a hard time with the low fat dairy. So I want to go back to OWL and do that with the full fat dairy except not count carbs in veggies (I find it motivates me to eat a lot more of them - at every meal and snacks).

I'm wondering if there are others on Atkins here who don't count carbs in the veggies but do in everything else. Do you find you're still getting all the benefits of LCing?

Thanks,
Tam
Sponsored Links