View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-01, 14:26

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 198/187/120
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy

Last week I was feeling slightly desperate when I got on the scale. It's amazing how much 1-3 lbs can make in terms of how one feels about their success on the diet. I find myself elated at 1 lb difference (loss) and defeated at a 1 lb gain. About the only thing that helped me cope with this was when my 1-2 lb differences finally helped me break that damn 190 mark. Meaning, that I'm in the 180s. My short term goal is to lose another 10 lbs in the next 2 weeks. I've started walking at least an hour daily (brisk walking) and have promissed to get myself something once I break through the 180 point and weigh in somewhere in the 170s. I haven't decided what that will be, but it won't be food. I'm sure that I'm setting my goals a little high, but i think i can do it.

I don't know about you Nancy, but it's not the diet that I have a problem sticking to this time, it's the patience required when you start to plateau. I'm back on the induction phase and have lowered my protiens and increased my fat intakes. I have less than 10 carbs a day (meat, cheese, water, and 1/2 a 2 carb bar) in hopes that it will kickstart my weightloss and getting it moving faster.

*sigh* i'm feeling a little down today. I miss sugar even though I don't even really crave it so much. I liked getting a little sugar high from a coke and a snickers bar. Ick.

My remedy today? I'm going to go home, make my steak and then go for my brisk walk. Since I've had less than 2 carbs all day I may treat myself to a tofutti fudge pop (6 carbs each) But I probably won't if I'm feeling pumped... i i don' know. i'm confused.