View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 14:34

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 167/147/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hi,

I had the same fears. I was coming from a low-fat way of eating, and most recently from Body For Life where each meal has a bit of carb/protein and very little fat. I was a little worried that not watching fat intake and having an "unbalanced" meal would not work.

But the very first thing I noticed was that I could have a nice big satisfying meal and not feel full afterwards. I felt comfortable and satiated, but never heavy or like my belly was pressing against my waistband. Whenever I have a small cheat, or combine carbs with fat, I am reminded of why I don't do it. I feel full and uncomfortable, even if I've only had a small meal of it.

I have one piece of fruit almost every day as a snack and as was previously mentioned, fructose doesn't cause a raise in blood sugar like you'd think, because it takes longer to absorb. So fruit is okay as long as you don't eat it all day long.

As for losing, I began losing right away. Not everyone does, because it depends on where you are when you begin. The weight loss has slowed down at the moment, possibly because I'm getting close to my goal but I can say without a doubt that I have been dieting in some form or another for most of my life and this is the only time I've found something that not only works, but that has been so tasty and relatively easy that I can see no issue eating this way on a permanent basis (which is really what we're doing - changing the way we eat for the rest of our lives).

All I can say is give it a try and see if it works for you. And check out Suzanne Somers' site - there is a page there that has nothing but before&after pictures. It's amazing to see how many people have used this and succeeded. Go to http://www.suzannesomers.com and click on the Community tab. The Photo Album on the side has a lot of proof that this really works.

And then keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.