View Single Post
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 13:09

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up

Joyce, your observations are so timely for me! Was just chatting with a couple of my friends about making lists of the 'old' comfort strokes and then making another list of new replacements. I have been doing that for the foods that represent 'comfort foods' for me and experimenting with recipes for that purpose. I find it is so much easier to fight a sudden craving when I already KNOW what that substitute can be.

One of my favorite comfort foods has always been mashed potatoes. I found a recipe for mashed cauliflower that is so good that I smile when the potatoe craving hits because I know I'm in for a treat.

I love your idea for starting a 'substitution' list! Why don't you start a thread about that and we'll see how many things we come up with. Actually I guess we first should do a search and make sure there isn't something already like that on the site. Wouldn't want to start a thread and have it moved out of here

I think it is absolutely wonderful that you are so in tune with your body and emotions and mind! We are going to learn so much from you if we pay attention!

Okay...finally got on the old bike this morning and got my 5 miles in. T'was a tough ride this morning as I had already put in several hours cleaning and gardening. But...I'm breathing deeper and feeling better so it is always worth it!

Have a wonderful Saturday!
Nance