#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-03, 05:55
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default I HATE the word 'cheat'

Yes, I said HATE. The dictionary defines 'cheat' as deceiving by trickery or swindle. If I eat a high carb food who am I deceiving or swindling? I am not hurting anyone else.

It's not a matter of 'cheating' on this WOE, it's a matter of choices. Sometimes we make choices that are not on the plan. Sometimes these choices are OK and sometimes they are not. I have 'chosen' to eat croutons occasionally, have had a cookie occasionally (only 1) and have even had real cheesecake. These were not 'cheats.' They were choices.

We have to realize that our choices have consequences. I can choose to eat a high carb food occasionally and not go on a binge. Perhaps others cannot.

This is way of life for me. Dr. Atkins said we were to enjoy this WOL. Enjoyment is not obsessing about every morsel that goes in my mouth. This WOL is about learning what my body can handle and what it can't. I have to learn how to eat for life and not feel like I am on a diet.

I have read so many posts from those who are obsessed and freak out if one bite of an illegal food hits their mouth. This WOL is supposed to be enjoyable and not stressful.

I just had to vent.....
Sponsored Links