View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 21:11

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 161/130/132 Female 5'7"
BF:40%/?/We'll see
Progress: 107%
Default Agnes' Gym Log

I hope this log won't be a one-post affair. I feel quite emotional about starting this and I am not sure why.

I haven't done exercise since I got pregnant and my son is now 11-years-old. For a long while there, I remained as skinny as I'd always been - at times even more. I knew a lot of women envied me, but I was dreaming of curves, full breast, a body like Marylin's. Then they crept up on me, actually after I started the Neurontin. I started eating with a lot of pleasure and started eating at night. Then one day I woke up and I weighed 160 pounds. Against my better judgment I kept telling myself that only the medication was responsible for this terrible state of affairs.

Anyway, here I am now. I've spent the last 4 weeks familiarising myself with the idea of exercise, doing long and short walks, cycling, even going as far as cleaning the entire basement. Today, I did it: I went down to the basement and sat down on my rower. I did maybe 10 minutes at the minimum setting. I am so out of shape ... But I feel so happy!!! I actually enjoyed the pain in my abs, or what's left of them, in my arms, in my thighs.

I hope I won't forget it.

Agnes
Sponsored Links