View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 11:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

First of all, you have done great so far. Take a bow.

As for advice, comments, encouragement, here's my two cents, not neccessarily in order of importance.

1)Stop beating yourself up about what you are doing "wrong" and make a decision to change one thing this week.

2)Continue for one week or until it is nicely set in - repeat #1 and 2.

3)Get back on that exerciser or I'm coming to get it! I want one! That looks so fun on the info-mercial.

4) Read HogarthNH's signature. It doesn't just apply to stalls. It is right on!

5)If you want people to notice, which they don't seem to till 30 lbs or so, as soon as you fit the smaller size go shopping. Get somethng that fits well. I think people don't notice cause we keep on wearing the same big clothes and the changes aren't very evident. (not that I have lost enough to notice. yet)

6)Be in the moment consciously. Be aware of the self talk that is getting you down and create a new refrain. Notice at the moment when you make a choice that in not in your best interest, you may be surprised to find that you change your mind and choose differently. When you wait and evaluate it all at the end of the day it is just a litany of things undone or choices your are not happy with. Be conscious of what you are doing in the moment.

7)Read everybody's posts again. There is so much encouragement and practical advice.