View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 10:22

Plan: low carb & Atkins
Stats: 318/296/195 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Five week stall finaly BROKEN!!!!!!!

It finally happened! After a stall of 5 weeks I started losing weight again. I was very frustrating few weeks during which I could calibrate scales with my weight because it did not MOVE one single pound. I weigh my self every morning first thing, and I was 226.5lb morning after morning, it was so consistent that I though the scale was broken and stuck on this weight.
During the 5 weeks I have tried everything: I have tried 2 days of carbs "to shake the system", and Nothing! I have tried eating less and Nothing!, I have tried eating more, and Nothing! I was at a point where I was resigned to the fact that I may lose very little weight, but since I feel so well with this WOE, I have decided that no matter what, I will continue this for the rest of my life.
Well, this Monday I weighed my self and a pound was gone, "a fluke" I say to my self, Wednesday another pound is gone, and today another pound and a half is gone... Three and a half pounds in one week!!

Conclusion: Stalls are part of the process of losing weight.
I am not sure what's the physiology behind it, but it seems that if you lose weight fat, the body figures out how to protect its fuel reserves, but apparently not for long.. and then you lose weight again.
I read posts from people beating themselves for stalling; "It the caffeine", "its the diet drinks", "its the Atkins bars"....I can tell you from my personal experience that I do drink coffee, I eat an occasional bar, and I drink diet drinks (diet coke) by the ton. I do believe that coffee will slow my weight lose because I know it increases craving for me, but I like it so much that I rather lose a bit slower then give it up...

some stats: I started low carb eating on Jan 2002 (285lb+) with a rigorous workout schedule and by May 2003 I have lose 30+ pounds. On May 1st '03 I started Atkins, and today I am 32lb lighter. All together I have lost 62lb and gained muscle mass, strength and stamina. If you want to see what it looks like, take a look at my pictures (see link in my signature)..
Sponsored Links