View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 09:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Hiya

You have my sympathy... I went through hell trying to give up my little hidden sugar fixes (I honestly thought I didn't use that much!) when I first went on the diet...

Since then I've seen so many people trying so hard to find ways around the diet so they can still have sweet food. To each their own, but the only way I personally found to get around the sugar cravings was to follow Atkin's advice and cut them out completely.

I won't use chemical products like aspartame and sucralose and our government, in their infinite stupidity, made stevia illegal. So my initial urges to find a sugar substitute had to go unfulfilled. And I'm so glad they did! Atkins was right; it's just an addiction needing to be broken. After a couple of days cold turkey, I can hand on heart tell you I haven't had a single sugar craving since...

For what it's worth, that's what worked for me. It may not be the easy solution, but I hope it helps.

Good luck! (And don't forget... if you don't buy chocolate chips, you can't eat them! )