View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 08:53
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

[QUOTE=Optimist]Arnie, you're so inspiring that I'm now completely torn! The six meals thing (count 'em, SIX), is a sticking point but you and Nat have somehow managed to convince me I can do it. I was just going to secretly do the weight training along with my regular cardio escapades but after re-reading Nat's good works and your post I may actually do this challenge as laid out. And, I'm not good at following directions! :eek

What is it about BFL that has you sticking with the cardio even though you hate it? Besides you and Nat, leafing through the book again and reading the success stories is what's keeping me heading toward the challenge. Did you take a before picture? :
[QUOTE]

Hi Optimist,
I think that the thing that has me sticking with the Cardio this time is HIIT. I can do anything for just one minute and this is broke up into one-minute intervals. So I just do it one minute at a time. That makes it a little easier for me to get out the door than thinking, " Oh damn, I have to go running for an hour now." Plus, now it has just become determination to make it through the twelve weeks. And finally the real clincher is that it is working! My body is changing shape and I can see the results in the mirror, after only 8 weeks. I love having a chest and shoulders, and my big belly is way down.

I did take a before picture at the beginning of the twelve weeks. I weighed 175 then. I've lost 10 lbs in the eight weeks, but I know I've gained a lot of muscle so I must have lost more than 10 lbs. of fat.

Don't let the six meals bum you out. After two weeks it'll be easier and you'll have no problem with it. Sometimes I miss the sixth meal and only get in five, but I don't worry about it. I also do what Nat suggested and add some berriers to a protein shake for a meal sometimes.

Good Luck!
Arnie