#14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 08:11

Plan: TKD
Stats: 238/208/200 Male 6 feet
BF:16, 7.5, 4
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1029
That is a topic I've discussed with a number of people at length.

I know it goes against conventional wisdom - but actually the majority of the people part of the National Weight Control Registry (40lbs lost, maintained for 2 years) weigh themselves once a day.

For me, it was not as helpful being weighed once a week as I was when beginning WW 2 years ago .... it lead to employing various "tricks" to hit the lowest number and inevitably overindulging afterwards because I had 6 days until the next one. It was really just too stressful for me.

Weighing myself 2x day has largely desensitized me to seeing the regular fluctuations in weight - and I end up averaging my weights so I think I end up with a better weekly reading than just what the scale says at one time on one particular day.

But, it is definitely a highly individualized thing - and depends alot on your state of mind - I seem to have a tendency toward compulsive behavior - part of what got me into this situation to begin with - so probably a weekly or less frequent weigh-in would work for a more sane person!

Thanks for your comments!

Well, to each their own