#13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 07:56

Plan: TKD
Stats: 238/208/200 Male 6 feet
BF:16, 7.5, 4
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_
no that sounds good... would it be possible to just say do a 12 hour carb up then?(sort of a higher balance on the fat burning side as opposed to putting on muscle, it took me til about wednesday night to get back into ketosis on the 24 hour carbup i was doing.) if i take in over 30 carbs a day i will be kicked outta ketosis, so i try to just do 0 but take in a few from seasoning (burrito mix, soy sauce, etc) and salads...thats the only carbs i take in...anyway i think i would ENJOY the ckd more than tkd as i read on tkd all you get basically is candy, on ckd i can actually eat real food, before ckd i ALWAYS had done low fat for years and had no problem with it, i love my carbs more than my fatty foods...

basically im thinking then a limited ckd would be better than the tkd for me as i am effected by carbs a lot... so i guess one spike would be better than spikes virtually every day eh?

Seems like a CKD with a shorter carb load like you mentioned would be a great idea. Also every weekend you could experiment with the length of the carb load to find what works best for you. Ive tried an 18 hour carb load and it worked great for me......

It also takes me until Wednesday to hit ketosis, I wouldnt worry about that too much.

Another option is to change the frequency of your carb up. If your schedule allows maybe carb load ever 10 days for example instead of every week.

The best thing about this plan is the flexibility, you can try new things every week to find what works best for you. Maybe give both of these ideas a shot..........

One more thing, how many carbs did you take in during your 24 hour load?