View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 07:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 311/216/185 Male 5" 9'
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hey Adam Congratulations on the 20 pound loss. That's 10 pounds a month. That really is a good pace. In one year you will have lost 120 pounds.
I use to belong to the over 300 lbs Club. I started out at 310 1/2 lbs. It took almost 40 lbs before people started to notice I was losing weight. It is nice to have people notice, but you have to do this for your self not for others. If I could give you just one piece of advise it would be to drop that goal of 16 lbs in the next 3 weeks. If you hang on to that goal, brother you are just setting your self up for a major disappointment. 16 pounds in that space of time just is not healthy. At your current loss rate you should be able to lose another 6 or 7 by then.
I remember one week I only lost 1/2 pound and I was so discouraged until my wife pointed out the fact that I ate a ton of food that week, I didn't gain anything, as a matter of fact I lost 1/2 lb., and I feel great. So much of sticking with any weight loss program is your state of mind. When I look back over my weigh loss I have been averaging a little over 10 lbs a month. Time is on our side my friend. The next 5 months are going to go by no matter what you do. But if you stick with this diet you will be under 300 lbs. And I can tell you that you will be so proud of yourself then and people will notice by then as well.
I really can't add anything better than what the others have said about your meals. I would just say you need to make water your new best friend. Without a doubt the more water you drink the more you will lose.
Now stop kicking yourself in the butt and start patting yourself on the back for the great start you've done.
I wish you continued success.