View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 06:41
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Of all of the silly anti-Atkins articles out there, this is certainly one of the silliest. How could anyone conclude that refined breads, pasta, etc., are GOOD for you? Even the more intelligent low-fat, high-carb proponents don't say that! And as for the deficit of veggies and fruits that allegedly accrue on Atkins, I just read the Atkins for Life book. You know what he insisted on for lifetime maintenance? Four to five servings of veggies daily, plus two servings of fruit! I daresay that this is far more that people get on an average Western diet--even a low-fat diet.

And as for people losing weight on Atkins simply because they eat fewer calories--I don't know about anyone else, but my fitday logs show I'm actually eating MORE calories on a low-carb diet than I ever did on Weight Watchers, and I've lost weight easily and expect to keep it off. Which brings me to the alleged monotony of this WOE--WHAT? There are so many food choices, and so many ways to prepare satisfying and delicious foods, that I have to wonder what the author of this article is smoking.