View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-00, 08:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Question

I got the following recipe off the Low-Carb-Recipe-Exchange E-Group last night and made it... It was really, really good. I roughly figured out the carbs...and quickly I think they add up to quite a few...over 60..please help me here if I'm wrong. I usually try to cut back on my artifical sugars as much as possible, so next time I'm mixing splenda and brown sugar twin...perhaps 2/3 cup in total...also think I'll skip the walnuts (to save carbs). I added a little soya four as I wanted to make muffins and thought it needed such a little more substance. I also think I'll cut back a bit on the nutmeg and cinnamon as there seemed like plenty...just trying to cut carbs!

Would appreciate any other thoughts any of you have.

PUMPKIN BARS..... YIELDS 12 BARS

3/4 CUP ALMOND FLOUR
3/4 TEASPOON SALT
1/2 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
1/2 TEASPOON NUTMEG
1/2 TEASPOON CINNAMON
2 EGGS
1 CUP BROWN SUGAR TWIN OR SPLENDA
2/3 CUP CANNED PUMPKIN
1/4 CUP COOKING OIL
Optional: 1/2 CUP NUTS

IN A BOWL BEAT EGGS AND SPLENDA/ BROWN SUGAR TWIN. ADD OIL AND MIXED UNTIL COMBINED. THEN ADD THE DRY SIFTED INGREDIENTS TOGETHER WITH PUMPKIN AND NUTS. POUR IN 1/4 ( 8X12} GREASED BAKING PAN. BAKE AT 350 FOR 30 MINUTES. COOL 5 MINUTES. REMOVE FROM PAN AND FROST IF DESIRED. CUT INTO 2X4 SQUARES One user added: I made the pumpkin bars but added stevia "to taste" along with the sweet and low. I also put in a whole can of pumpkin and added a quarter cup of soy four. They came out great, especially with cream cheese. Another user commented: About Sugar Twin Brown Sugar Sub. I have substituted it with Splenda and a very SMALL amount of REAL MOLASSES added to it. Tastes much better.
Sponsored Links