View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 04:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/192/175 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

I've had the same experience. Stuck right to the diet, felt great (and still do!), lost steadily, but I got up one morning this week (week five) and felt puffy. I'd gained about three pounds. My ring was tight and I felt a bit discouraged, though I assumed it was water weight. I've tried lowering salt, cutting out nuts and cheese and just going for the almost-no-carb route for a couple of days, and even tried having a couple of martinis (Which usually knock a pound or two of water weight off me overnight. I realize this can dehydrate you in the long run, and that it's is not a legitimate weight loss technique, and that you burn the alcohol before fat and can actually slow weight loss on Atkins -- I was just curious.) No dice on any of them. I've decided to just be patient for a while. I've read a number of posts here that claim you can go for weeks fluctuating a couple of pounds but not really losing and still not be in a "stall." And maybe I'm heading for a "whoosh." That would be nice, as I've got a bet with a buddy -- first one of us to 190 gets treated to the biggest steak they've got at the local steakhouse! (I'm on Atkins, he's counting calories, and I'm currently well in the lead ...)

Good luck!