View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 03:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 326/295/250 Male 6'5
BF:38% / 33% / 15%
Progress: 41%

Hey Adam,

I see alot of similarities in you that I have in me. I started at 326 and now below 300, It is hard to notice because my stomach hasn't shrunken all that much, at least what I have noticed. And not many people have said anything. Though weight is very Taboo in our culture, so going off what others say isn't a good gauge. If you are loosing weight, it is working. I think 16lbs in 3 weeks may be too agressive. I am happy with only a couple a week.

I don't cook all that often either. But the diet still works for me. I eat alot of bunless burgers as well, and alot of diet soda. But Alot of water too, that is so so so important. The only time I spend time cooking is just when I get very sick of the same old things. But I am trying to teach my mind that food is just that, fuel. I give my car the same kind of gas all the time, it doesn't complain. If I am hungry I eat. as long as I am getting all the nutrients, doesn't matter what it is. I am all for the invention of People Chow! (and no soylent green refferences please hahaha)

I also and in a battle to exercise regularly. I love doing it, but am the kind of person that has to get in serious routine to devote that time to it consistantly. and with my work schedule and changing personal life, it so far has been hard to get into a serious routine. But that is no reason to quit. exercise when you can, and don't get down on yourself, just try to get in routine.

Just don't get discouraged if you don't hit your 330 goal in 3 weeks. If you do everything right, your body loses the weight on it's own clock. In my opinion you just have to set the stage and let your body do it's own thing. The only thing you can do it make it go slower, not quicker. Do set yourself this goal instead. do everything right, exercise and see where you are in 3 weeks. If you can go 3 weeks perfectly on the diet, that can be your accomplishment.

Just don't quit. you, like me, are far from goal. But 20lbs is no small task.