View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 01:17

Plan: The Obesity Code
Stats: 563/521/199 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Scale says i'm loosing weight, but I don't feel it.

Hi all,

First off, I have to say I love these forums. I don't post much but I visit them all the time and you guys are all supportive. Now I need some support :/ I've been on atkins officially for about 2 months now. In the past 2 months, i've lost about 20lbs (you can see how much i've lost on the side panel). However, i'm still not too happy with the results. Besides my scale telling me i've lost weight, I haven't noticed it on myself. You'd think going from 367 to 345 would be noticable, but it's not. Clothes are a tiny bit looser on me, but when I was 367 I had a 48" waist, and now I can just BARELY fit into a 46", but not comfortably. So even though it's motivational to see the numbers dropping on the scale, how come i'm not noticing it in my body? Is it just that I have so much weight to lose, that I won't notice it yet? No one has really complimented me on my weight loss yet, or said "hey, are you loosing weight?" I am also not loosing weight as fast anymore. I've only lost maybe 2lbs in the past 10 days. I have 3 weeks until a wedding I need to go to and I want to get down to 330lbs (16lbs to lose). I am trying hard to get focused, but it seems like it's harder now. I am drinking lots more diet pop instead of water, and eating lots more wendys burgers (without the bun) than cooking at home. It's just so hard and expensive to cook good recipes. I bought a book also recently with 500 lowcarb recipes thinking it would help me cook more meals, but all of them are so complicated and require special ingredients. I don't have the time to spend 4 hours cooking meals each day, so I just go for convenience and because of it i'm not loosing weight. I also was exercising - 30 minutes a day on tony little gazelle and it was great, but i've stopped doing it and since them, i've gotten down on myself. I haven't exercised in probably a week. I think I stopped doing it because I still wasn't eating right. It just seems like a waste for me to exercise when i'm still eating like an idiot. So anyways, I could use some help to get me motivated again. I'll be depressed if I can't get down to 330lbs by the wedding on September 1st. I just don't know how to do it Is there anyone out there who works 10 hours a day and still manages to find time to make meals? If so, how do you do it!!? Please help before I completly fall off the wagon

Adam
Sponsored Links