View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 23:22
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 153/146/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hiya, Nat! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my very newbie questions. I feel sorta like I've been graced with the presence of a celebrity since I devoured you posts and followed every single link! I have tons of books and videos yet I'm still a lump so, obviously, expert advice was desperately required!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka
Too much HIIT will definitely be catabolic. Doing slower long cardio occasionally isn't as big a deal - just make sure you're eating your 6 meals with adequate protein (do you like how I snuck that one in again? lol) Something else to think about - if you've been doing long slow cardio for years (like many of us had) then this is going to be big change (i.e. shock to the system). Shocks to the system can often result in dramatic results.

Nat

Okay, I can live with all that you've said - maybe even SIX meals a day (who has time to stop six times to eat???) - and I can live with shorter cardio...for 12 weeks. I have one tiny question re the post workout protein shake: I prefer Nature's Plus Keto Shake which has 2g carb and 23 g protein with two T flax meal or a healthy oil. How's that?

I've got a bang up play list planned, btw, full of some kind of music I can't classify, I think it's called Chill Out or something. When I firsted started training on my spinner it was Trance (did I mention I was 45?!) and now it's R&B and jazzy stuff for a nice steady pace at high tension. I even found a CD of Mozart against a background of trickling water that I've cycled to (slow hills)! It's such a retreat after a hectic day, a chance just to move without thinking, thinking, thinking! Will I defeat myself too much if I just cycle at a light tension for the heck of it...? It'll be like having to walk an extra couple of blocks every now and then, right??