View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 18:45
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/196/150 Female 5'8" inches
BF:beaucoup
Progress: 30%

I've never had to get back on the wagon because I haven't been doing this long enough to fall off, and I'm sure there are some differences between starting the first time and starting again, but.. I do think having the right foods available is a huge part of sticking with it.

My partner is a skinny-bones and he lives off pasta, bagels, cookies and cereal (with a little meat and vegetables thrown in for variety). I kept saying I couldn't start this WOE because I couldn't throw out his carb foods. But I was so sure this was the right way to go for me that I just had to find the will.

So I made a list of all the allowed foods that I really really liked, went to the store and bought tons of them, made up some snacks in advance like cream cheese and celery, egg salad, etc.. and then, whenever I had the munchies--usually triggered by the smell of his toasting bagel or the open bag of cookies on tabl--I always had something to eat. It worked; I never strayed. And now the starchy snacks around the house no longer phase me at all.

I hope you hang in there. It looks like you've already made such great progress!

Dorothy