View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

1. The next time you're really tempted with a high-carb food, such as french fries -- take one and very slowly eat it and really taste it -- you'll wonder why you ever wanted one! It's really amazed me how my tastes have changed, and how often I must have eaten simply because the food was in front of me....
  2. Buy the best you can afford of meats and allowed foods -- it actually doesn't cost any more than boxed high-carb mixes.
  3. Buy the kids high-carb treats that don't tempt you -- for example, I do not like chocolate ice cream (but I love butter pecan) so I tended to buy my teen the chocolate.
  4. Same goes for candies (like for Halloween and Easter and Christmas) -- Do not buythe stuff that used to be your favorites! I would NEVER have a Snicker's bar in the house, but I can bypass tootsie rolls and kitkats...
  5. Whenever you start feeling sorry about having to stick to this WOE, think of someone you know that has far stricter restrictions on their life -- I always thought of my oldest daughter who became type-1 diabetic at the age of 10 -- it tends to put things back into perspective...