Thread: Starch Blockers
View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 10:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

Today (after yesterday taking the carb blockers for the first time) I am down 1.5# -- which is insignificant, my weight fluctuates quite a lot -- but I'm hoping that it's the start of a trend.

One "hint" -- I am terribly bloated and (painfully) gassy today -- when I was researching the blockers it said one of the side effects could be mild bloating, so I think it's probably related ... this is supposed to pass in a couple of days, so I'm hanging in ... perhaps it would have been smarter to have built up to the recommended (1000mg) dosage???

I have absolutely no intention of eating pizza or cake ... but I do mean to up my fruits (cantaloupe and berries) and some veggies (tomatoes!) if this stuff works. So far, I am still in trace ketosis (had a bowl of strawberries and 2 thin slices of Atkins bread yesterday morning, prob. about 12 g ECC -- for the rest of the day the only significant carbs were from my dinner salad) -- will continue checking that, too.

I'll keep posting my experiences -- hopefully others who are trying them will post regularly too...