View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 09:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%

"You can add me to the list of people who have had a bad experience with sucralose. I purchased and ate a bag of jelly beans yesterday afternoon.

No carbs sounded wonderful, and they really did taste great, so I grabbed another bag on my way home

Unfortunately, a couple of hours later, I started experiencing food poisoning-like symptoms. It was clear to me that my system is trying to rid itself of something, so I looked at the packaging of the only thing I ate last night and found your web page. I was up all night and my normally flat and trim tummy is distended to the point that, when I lay on my back, I look seven months' pregnant!

I am grateful I now know what is causing my discomfort -- I will definitely avoid this product at all costs when shopping for my family!! Thank you for an informative article!!"

Karen
Fort Lauderdale

Urban Gypsy~ I checked out the links you posted, and definitely agree that artificial products merit extreme caution. I don't want to make light of your concerns. However, this testimonial against Splenda only clarifies that mostly it is not absorbed and passes right through... explosively, if you overdose on it. (sorry, not very sympathetic to Karen's plight)