View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 06:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/224.1/205 Male 70 inches
BF:39%/27.1%/20%
Progress: 68%

I am a serious cyclist and even I have a problem with butt pain if I lay off for the winter. It just takes some time. Suffice it to say...I KNOW YOUR PAIN. LOL OK, maybe my being a guy and you a gal there are some differences to that. LOL Unless your saddle is totally wrong for you, I suspect it will just take a couple more rides. If your pain is primarily in the sitz bone area this would be especially true however if you are having pain in the more tender areas then there might be a need to rethink the saddle. Without going "serious", the type of saddle you use can go from the highly padded types (can be a problem with longer rides) to minimalist (I can't believe I put my bumm on THAT! LOL) saddles. A compromise might be a more race like saddle on a seat post with a shock in it. There are a lot of options available to you but in the long run, it really depends on your goals on what works best for you. There are some "anatomically correct" saddles out there that you could consider but getting a good one might cross you over to getting "serious". LOL

The following link is to Terry Cycles. Terry has been around for a long time and was one of the first bike makers that made bikes specifically for women. They have added several bike accessories including saddles. Perhaps the link will give you some ides.

http://www.terrybicycles.com/index.html