#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 03:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/178/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 19%
Red face Sore bottom from biking!

I apologize if this topic has been discussed before. I know there was a thread recently about biking, but I'm hoping for some more specific "stuff".

I recently bought a bike after not riding one for many years. My bottom is just killing me after riding it! I realize this is normal. I guess what I'm wondering if how long it'll take for that to go away? And how often to I need to ride during that time to help "toughen" up? At this point, I'm riding about every other day as I don't think I could manage to sit back on the bike the next day.

Also, is there anything special I should be doing to make it easier? I'm very new to biking so I really don't know anything. I'm not looking to become a serious cyclist at this point, but want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. I basically am using the bike to get to town (about 3 miles) since we don't have our van at the moment and to go on some scenic rides here and there.

Thanks for any help! I can't wait to be able to sit on my bike and not be in pain! For the first few seconds that put all of my weight on the seat I'm in agony, but it's so much easier to pedal in this position. I don't get winded and my legs don't tucker out instantly (earlier today I was trying to take the weight off my bottom, but I got exhausted very quickly).
Sponsored Links