#3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 22:06

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 285/275/135 Female 5'3"
BF:baby's got back
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneCoach
Too much training at once (over 45-60 minutes) can be counter productive to your goals. If you can split the time into 2X per day instead of one session, you'd probably be better off.

I can split it up without a problem. I'm just curious as to why it may get me better results that way?

Quote:
Also, I believe Curves only recommends running their circuit 3X/week.

I keep getting mixed answers on that. One of the workers there told me 3x a week - another said I can go all week since it isn't intense strength training. I don't think most if any are certified fitness instructors at my Curves - so I don't know how much I should accept their advice. The first two months I attended, I went three times a week but my measurements were not improving. They said my inches went up in some places and my fat % went up( I get measured again tomorrow). However, I was on your typical ADA high carb low fat diet. Also, it is important to note that I don't work the summer and during the school year only two hours a day. So I do all this to make sure I don't sit on my ~rse. I'm transitioning out of a career and trying to go to school for massage therapy - In case anyone thought I had the best paying job in the world - LOL.

Quote:
60-65% of your max is a general rule of thumb.

I'll adjust my heart rate monitor so it beeps according to those numbers - thanks!

Quote:
The Zone should help to improve those numbers. You may want to consider supplementing with high quality fish oil as well.

I believe the Zone will help me.

I'm taking fish oil now - just wondering if they are the best ones to take. However, the pharmecutical grade may be a bit for my pocket.

~Danielle