Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 18:13
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntress
I went looking for Dr. Bernstein's book with no luck. I managed to talk my mom(type 2 ) into looking at it an to discuss with her Dr.. She has had triple bypass sugery,and now is diabetic. She can't get her BG down she is eating high carb Won't listen to me to limit or stop having potatoes,corn,bread and deserts. I need to find this book I believe it will save her life.

Thanks Diane

hi Diane,

I bought my copy of Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution off the shelf at Chapters bookstore. It's also availabe at www.chapters.indigo.ca and www.amazon.ca. Both places still have copies of the previous edition available, or you could wait a few weeks for the new revision. Both places also offer 30% off all books over $30 (Cdn) Right now both websites offer free shipping via Canada Post Express for orders over $39 (Cdn)

If you prefer not to order from the internet (I've always had prompt, problem-free service from both sites) Chapters store can order it for you, then you just pay them when it comes in. Takes longer though.

note ... Dr. Bernstein has published some excerpts from the book on his website, as well as some of his own research study papers. http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/

hth,

Doreen