View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 17:58
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/263/150 Female 5'8''
BF:?
Progress:
Default Cinammon muffins... saved my life!

I always had trouble with eating l/c because I can't eat meat and eggs in the morning (being European, I'm used to baguettes and croissants I guess!!!)

I found a recipe for Cinnamon mini-muffins from Atkins. (Actually, I make a bigger muffin, equivalent to 2 mini-muffins...). They are very low carb and super-duper tasty. They saved my mornings and I can even have them as a snack when I crave something "bready"...

I know some of you think the Atkins Bake Mix is expensive but it will last you for many, many mini-muffins! Enjoy!

Make ahead and freeze for an easy weekday breakfast.

1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds
1/2 cup Atkins Bake Mix
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick butter, at room temperature
12 packets sugar substitute
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Heat oven to 350° F. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Pulse almonds in bowl of food processor and 1 tablespoon bake mix until almonds are finely ground (the bake mix will prevent over processing of almonds). Add remaining bake mix, cinnamon and baking powder; pulse to combine.
3. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar substitute on until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in almond mixture with a spatula. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until set in middle. Transfer to wire rack for 5 minutes to cool. Turn out muffins on to rack to cool completely.

If batter appears runny, refrigerate for 30 minutes before filling tins.

Chocolate Mini-Muffins: omit cinnamon and add 2 scoops of Atkins Chocolate Shake Mix. Pumpkin Mini-Muffins: add 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree before adding eggs. Add 1 more egg; replace cinnamon with 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Banana Mini-Muffins: omit cinnamon and vanilla. Add 1 tablespoon banana extract.

Servings: 20
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake/Cook time: 20 minutes

Carbohydrates: 2 garms
Net Carbs: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 0.5 gram
Protein: 1.5 grams
Fat: 7 grams
Calories: 82
Sponsored Links