View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 16:50

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%
Default Hi. Include me too.

Hi everyone. I've been on this plan since Feb. 2003 and have lost over 50 pounds. But the most important thing is that I went from a size 26/28 jean to size 20. Now that's what I'm talking about!

I like my hips and rear. In fact, I like my body. I just wish there was much less of it, in the same proportion. I'm not a young fly thing like you ladies seem to be, but I know that we as Black women have health issues that are more prominent in our race. And many of these issues are exacerbated by obesity. Diabetes, hypertension, fibroids, heart disease...the list goes on. But by starting to take care of your body at an early age and maintaining a healthy life style, you will not only be fine for life, but be able to strut your stuff without breaking a hip, lol.

I think I eat more "soul" food than I did any other time in my life. I eat a lot of collard greens, green beans, kale and okra. I've also figured out some ways to work around carbs and still enjoy the food.

I wish more of us would adopt this woe. Visit my journal any time or PM me. Glad to be on board.