View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 15:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300.5/260.0/130.0 Female 5'2"
BF:65%/58%/22%
Progress: 24%
Default Suggestions welcomed/Help needed!

Hi all,

I'll try not to make this too long. You can see my journal for more info. I started Atkins on 10/7/02. I didn't lose anything during induction, but in week 3 lost about 9 lbs. I've bounced around ever since. I have never eaten an off plan bite. I've never had a bar or other sugar alcohol product. I've found through the process of elimination that it isn't nuts, cheese or processed meats. Although I do avoid processed meats and I gave up nuts because I can't stop eating them.

I've eliminated my diabetes meds and got of depo shots because I thought it could be causing my stall. So I'm med free. My only downfall is that I don't exercise regularly and I need to do that. Also I don't always get in enough water, but I'm working on that.

I thought I had found the key and a few weeks back started a 1600 cal a day plan keeping fat at 70%, protein at 105+ grams a day and try to get to 20 total carbs a day. I didn't get enough carbs in, but it was amazingly hard to meet all the criteria. Anyway I lost the first two weeks then gained 1/2 lb in week 3 and another 1/2 lb in week 4. I know I haven't stalled for 6 weeks, but considering I've lost 16 lbs in 10 months I'm considering it a stall. I think I should be the posterchild for the metabolically resistant. I've been so patient on this plan and darn it I'm going to start seeing some results on the scale!

So I think I'm going to start the fat fast. I'm looking at as many posts as I can to find things to eat. I think I'm going to follow Meg's lead (thanks Meg) and do the following...

Sunday - fat fast
Monday - fat fast
Tuesday - fat fast
Wednesday - 1500 cal
Thursday - fat fast
Friday - fat fast
Saturday - 1800 cal

Any suggestions, advice, criticizm is appreciated.
Sponsored Links