View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 12:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default ~~~color Me Beautiful Sistahs--on Atkins Challenge

The information that I've posted comes from a friend of mine. I liked the challenge that she started so I decided to bring it to this bb.

Hello all!
I am starting a new challenge group for us 'sistahs' to come and chat about our low carb lifestyles and challenges. Professionals, non-professionals, stay-at-home moms, single, married, divorced, widowed, tall, short, or whatever...come on in!!!

Being a woman of color, I grew up eating the high-fat high-carb foods that the family ate. If I had only know about Atkins then, I wouldn't have had to give up all of the good things I liked about our eating choices. I could have cut back on the breads and sugars and sweets and still had the rest of the foods that I love and I now eat today.

Also, we have the weightloss issue as far as our body type is concerned. Since most of us have been 'blessed' with ample hips and rears, most of the clothes in the stores, even the large and plus sized ones, are not made for our shapes. I know if I go into Lane Bryant, I wear a size 18, I can not fit into their 18's. If I go a size larger, large enough to fit my hips and rear, then it is too big in the waist. So you see, we have a bit more to lose than most women due to the way we are 'built'. (...she's a brick....house!)

Anyway, I just thought this would be a place to keep in touch with each other's lc-ing progress, talk about current events that affect us and just life in general as women of color.
Sponsored Links