View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-03, 09:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/144/115 Female 61 inches
BF:33%/?/20%
Progress: 26%

Hi, Everyone!

I'm new to the LC forum and totally love it. I started Atkins June 26,2003. I think I've found in you my Atkins soul sisters! Like you, I dropped a lot in the first week (154lb to 147 lb), then RE-GAINED 3 lb in the 3rd week, and slowly took that off to end up at 146, where I hovered for the longest. Last wk. I was on vacation so I eased up on the carb restriction a little, and went back up to 149, but re-started induction 3 days ago and have dropped to 147. I took advice from some others on the forum who suggested "re-feeding" while experiencing a stall. I'm hoping I'll now break through and get below the 146 stall point I was at.

After reading your solutions and especially the post including the message from the Atkins.com people, however, I'm feeling seriously bummed out. To me, the point of ATkins was to take the weight off RAPIDAMENTE, while being able to eat all the protein/fat you want, pretty much. I'm feeling ripped off if I need to also count calories, monitor my protein and fat intake, and do serious exercise along with restricting carbs. For that, it seems like using the typical low-cal diet would have the same effect on weight loss with a much wider variety of food choice (including bread, for God's sake!). I still need to lose about 30 lbs, and am not looking forward to induction menu for the rest of my life!!

Any words of encouragement for me before I bag this altogether??